With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I’m suspecting that there are a few dedicated boyfriends out there getting ready to propose to the love of their life. It’s a once in a lifetime moment that you will remember for the rest of your married life, so be sure to make it special for your soon to be fiancé! Here are a few tips when planning the perfect marriage proposal.
- Set the Scene. It’s important to put some thought into the right location. What makes her happy? Does she love wine? Maybe a vineyard setting is just the ticket. Is she more of a beach girl? Maybe a romantic sunset beach picnic would be a better. Whatever location you choose, make sure it suits her and holds a special place in both of your hearts.
- Surprise her. I think one of the most fun parts about helping to plan an engagement is the element of surprise. Coming up with a plan of action is important to keep the surprise a secret. Of course you want it to be special, but I wouldn’t suggest anything too over the top. If it feels too out of the ordinary, she may start to wonder….
- Capture the Moment. While it’s not 100% necessary, it is nice to hire a photographer to capture the moment. You might think this will ruin the element of surprise, but photographers are very good at staying out the way and at a distance, so your fiancée will never even know they are there in the moment of the actual proposal. Then after she says, “yes”, do a little romantic photo shoot, to capture your pure excitement. You may even want to go one step further and pack a bag with a few different outfits for her to wear during the photo shoot. Don’t forget her make up bag if she typically doesn’t carry it on her. You will cherish these images for the rest of your life and your fiancée will absolutely love it!
- Speak from your heart. There is no need to create a script, just speak from your heart. Tell her honestly how you feel about her and whatever you say in that moment, will remind her of the unbreakable love you two have for each other.
- Bring bubbles and celebrate! What is the best way to celebrate? Champagne! Be sure to bring a bottle of chilled champagne and flutes so you can toast together after the proposal. If she is not a champagne girl, bring her drink of choice so you can cheers to forever together!
Orchard Avenue Events is available to plan your perfect proposal. Please inquire to email@example.com if you would like a professional planner to pull together the details and ensure the most romantic moment of your lives!